May 14-17, 2017
Structured Family Recovery™
Training and Certification
• Maximum of 10 students
• Orientation and Dinner, May 14
• 27 CEUs
• Highly personalized
• Advanced skill-building
• Retreat style
• Private sleeping room at the McIver Center, wi-fi, taxes, breakfast, lunch, dinner, plus welcome dinner, hosted by Debra Jay included in tuition
Only 2 Seats Left
Early Bird Discount Ends: March 10 2017
Structured Family Recovery™ Counselor Training and Certification is designed to prepare addiction therapists, clergy, and other well-qualified individuals to work with the entire family system, beginning in the earliest days of treatment, and throughout the first year of recovery. The textbook for this training is: It Takes a Family: A Cooperative Approach to Lasting Sobriety.
Debra and Jeff Jay redefined how trainings are done in the addiction field, with their standard-setting intervention trainings at Betty Ford Center. The Structured Family Recovery™ Counselor Training and Certification expands on this innovative and challenging design for learning. Participants come away with a strong skill set and a valuable way to expand their practice.
We believe in raising the bar of excellence and, in doing so, elevating the reputation of the addiction treatment profession.
Debra Jay and Jeff Jay will facilitate three distance learning sessions, prior to the three days of classroom training at the McIver Center at The Retreat. Distance learning dates are shown below.
“I have been in the addiction field for 30+ years and I been trained by the best including Vernon Johnson, Pia Mellody, and Terry Gorski. But I have to say that the SFR™ training with Debra & Jeff Jay was by far the best I have ever had. As Dr. Robert DuPont states in the Introduction of Debra’s book It Takes a Family, this work is the “missing piece” in the addiction field. As the owner of an Intensive Outpatient Treatment Center, I have incorporated many of the concepts in to our work and we are already beginning to see dramatic changes.”
–Lois Jordan, LCSW, LCDC, Owner/Director of Solutions Outpatient Services
Get to the heart of clinical training • a personal and professional journey
Early registration offer:
$2,600.00 – all inclusive early registration discount
(after March 10 2017: $3,100)
Tuition includes the following:
- 3-day onsite training, May 14-17, 2017 – Minneapolis, MN
- 2 distance-learning sessions, May 6th & May 13th (10 to noon Eastern)
- Distance Learning Sessions are recorded and can be accessed at later dates
- 3 Post-training SFR™ supervision sessions with Jeff or Debra
- 27 CEUs
- Retreat-style experience
- 3-night stay with private sleeping room at the McIver Center at The Retreat
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and beverages
- Orientation and welcome dinner, hosted by Jeff and Debra Jay, May 14th
- All books, materials, and supplies are included
- Fitness Center
- Meditation Room
- Lounge area with fireplace and library
- Access to Wayzata Big Woods and nature trails
- Meals prepared by The Retreat’s award-winning chef
- Space is limited to 10 participants to assure personal instruction.
- Read our refund policy here.
Structured Family Recovery™ training and certification is open to experienced professionals and clergy. In order to register for this training, a participant must meet the requirements shown below. Also note exceptions.
1. Three years full-time or five years part-time relevant experience in the addiction field
2. Strong knowledge and personal experience in any of the 12-step programs.
3. Advanced degree in relevant field with certification in addiction counseling OR bachelors degree with certification in addiction counseling (CAC, CAP or other)
EXCEPTIONS: clergy, EAPs, and certain others with strong addiction and 12-step experience but fewer professional credentials will be considered.
Call us or email us with questions: 888-533-1312.
The SFR™ Counselor Training and lodging are located on the campus of The Retreat at the McIver Center, 1221 Wayzata Blvd. E, Wayzata, MN.
Jeff and Debra Jay will host an orientation and welcome dinner on May 14. Transportation to the dinner will be provided. Rooms and all meals are included in the tuition.
Wayzata Big Woods
For info on up-coming trainings and news, join our email list.