Love First Certified
This interventionist training and certification program is unlike any other. Active learning dominates the experience, and you will learn new skills and gain new confidence. This is not a training for beginners. It is a training and certification program for experienced clinicians and other professionals.
Jeff and Debra Jay have developed an advanced curriculum, complete with custom workbooks designed exclusively for this training. All participants will receive clinical field materials, written by the Jays, to be used when doing actual interventions.
The 5-day course covers every aspect of addiction intervention, including:
- structured family intervention
- executive-style intervention
- invitational intervention
- workplace intervention
- adolescent intervention
- older adult intervention
- licensed professionals
- and more
You will learn how to individualize the intervention process to the needs of the family and the addicted person, including working with co-occurring disorders and special populations.
Participants engage in problem solving, analysis, evaluation, and team-based learning. The course includes case supervision of each participant’s first three interventions.
Jeff and Debra Jay have set the highest bar possible for this training. There is no fluff or filler. It is challenging day-in and day-out. You will leave this training with a new skill set you can use immediately.
Lodging, meals and snacks are provided in the tuition cost of the training. All participants will stay at the McIver Center, located on the grounds of The Retreat, in Wayzata, MN. This beautiful facility also provides a home-like setting for the training. You will not be sitting in a sterile classroom, but will instead work and learn in a natural setting, surrounded by the Wayzata Big Woods.
You will also be invited to participate in an optional workshop Friday afternoon on how to build and market your intervention practice. Jeff Jay will teach you how to grow your private practice and become a trusted partner for treatment providers.
- Presented by Jeff & Debra Jay
- Intensive: 5 days, 30 CEUs
- Approved for CIP
- Experienced professionals only
- Advanced skill-building
- Admission requirements
- Active, immersive learning
- Comprehensive curriculum
- Supervision of 3 interventions
- Custom workbooks & materials
- Private room, meals, and snacks are included in tuition
- More details, including COST
“Hands down one of the best, most professional, ‘content rich’ trainings I have ever attended. A total joy and privilege to have spent time–not just with Debra and Jeff–but the whole class.”
“The training I received from Love First was the best I have attended in 25 years as a counselor. It was engaging, relevant and imminently useful. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.”
“This was a fantastic training that included didactic, experiential, and interactive learning. Thank you Debra and Jeff for your generosity of self and all the work that went into it. Not only have I made new friends, but once again saw the power of Love First in our clinical work.”
“I truly cannot speak highly enough about my experience with Jeff and Debra Jay and their training. The Jays have a passion and a working knowledge of interventions that I couldn’t begin to find elsewhere. They were highly accessible as instructors and imparted their knowledge in a fun, warm and energetic environment.”
$3,400.00 – Early Registration Discount
Discount available until 3/25/2022.
Lodging and meals INCLUDED IN COST
June 19 – 24, 2022
The McIver Center at The Retreat
$3,900 after March 25, 2022
We’ll be glad to talk to you
about the training
Your tuition price includes:
- Lodging and meals at The McIver Center at The Retreat, Minneapolis, MN
- 5-day course, 30 CEU’s (see curriculum)
- Approved for CIP by the Pennsylvania Certification Board
- Personal supervision by Jeff Jay of 3 interventions
- Welcome dinner, hosted by Jeff and Debra Jay, Sunday night
- Custom workbooks and field materials
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and beverages
- Meals prepared by The Retreat’s award-winning chef
- Access to Wayzata Big Woods and nature trails
- Dynamic, immersive training experience (see testimonials)
- Friday workshop on building your intervention practice with Jeff Jay
- Much more
This activity is approved by the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy for 30 hours of credit for LADC, LPC, and LPCC.
This course is approved by the Pennsylvania Certification Board for 30 CEUs toward CIP (Certified Intervention Professional).
The Love First professional interventionist training and certification is open to experienced clinicians and clergy only. We believe the job of an interventionist is an advanced position and not a job for beginners. In order to register for this training, a participant must meet the following requirements:
- Advanced degree in relevant field + addiction certification + 3 years clinical experience in an addiction treatment program
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field + certification (CAP, LADC or similar) + 3 years clinical experience in an addiction treatment program
In addition we require strong personal knowledge of 12-Step programs.
EXCEPTIONS: Clergy, EAPs, or others with strong experience, a 12 Step background, but fewer professional credentials will be considered. If you think you should be considered for admission, we will make decisions based on your individual background.
Helpful details, times, and dates
for planning your clinical intervention training
- Sunday: Orientation at 5 PM, followed by Welcome Dinner w/Jeff & Debra
- Training is Monday through Friday.
- Class time Monday-Thursday is: 8:45 am to 5:30pm.
- Class time Friday is: 8:45am to 12:00 pm.
- Optional session: “How to Build Your Private Practice,” with Jeff Jay, Friday, 1PM to 2:30 PM.
- We have breakfast together in the dining room at 8:15 every day.
- Read the COVID-19 precautions.
- See our refund policy here.
- More details HERE
Join our mailing list today!