training & certification
The 5-day course covers every aspect of professional intervention: structured family intervention, executive-style intervention, invitational-style / process intervention, workplace intervention and other variations. You will learn how to individualize the addiction intervention process to the needs of families and the addicted person, including working with dual diagnosis and special populations.
Active learning dominates the training experience. Participants engage in problem solving, analysis, evaluation, and team-based learning. The course includes case supervision of each participant’s first three interventions. Certification hours are compliant with NAADAC and others. The training is provided personally by Jeff Jay and Debra Jay.
Learn how to build and market your intervention practice, in a special workshop with Jeff Jay on Friday afternoon.
Jeff and Debra Jay have developed curriculum workbooks specifically for this course. Additionally, all participants will receive clinical field materials, written by the Jays, to be used when doing actual interventions.
- Presented by Jeff & Debra Jay
- Intensive: 5 days, 30 CEUs
- Experienced professionals only
- Advanced skill-building
- Supervision of 3 interventions
- Custom curriculum workbooks
- Private room, meals, and snacks are included in tuition
“Hands down one of the best, most professional, ‘content rich’ trainings I have ever attended. A total joy and privilege to have spent time–not just with Debra and Jeff–but the whole class.”
“This was a fantastic training that included didactic, experiential, and interactive learning. What an incredibly caring and competent group I shared the experience with. Thank you Debra and Jeff for your generosity of self and all the work that went into organizing it. Not only have I made new friends, but once again, saw the power of Love First in our clinical intervention work. Thank you!”
“I truly cannot speak highly enough about my experience with Jeff and Debra Jay and their clinical intervention training. The Jays have a passion and a working knowledge of interventions that I couldn’t begin to find elsewhere. The training was incredibly inclusive and well-paced. They were highly accessible as instructors and imparted their knowledge in a fun, warm and energetic environment.”
“The training I received from Love First was the best I have attended in 25 years as a counselor. It was engaging, relevant and imminently useful. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.”
$3,400.00 – Early Registration Discount
June 19 – 24, 2022
The McIver Center at The Retreat
$3,900 after March 14, 2022
Trainings fill quickly.
Read on for requirements, details and curriculum.
Your tuition price includes:
- Orientation and welcome dinner, hosted by Jeff and Debra Jay, Sunday night
- Private room 5 nights at The McIver Center at The Retreat, Minneapolis, MN
- 5-day course, 30 CEU’s (NAADAC)
- Personal supervision of 3 interventions with Jeff Jay
- Custom workbooks and field materials
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and beverages
- Meals prepared by The Retreat’s award-winning chef
- Access to Wayzata Big Woods and nature trails
- Much more
The Love First professional interventionist training and certification is open to experienced clinicians and clergy only. We believe the job of an interventionist is an advanced position and not a job for beginners. In order to register for this training, a participant must meet the following requirements:
- Advanced degree in relevant field + addiction certification + 3 years clinical experience in an addiction treatment program
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field + 3-year certification (CAC, CAP or other) + 3 years clinical experience in an addiction treatment program
AND in addition we require strong personal knowledge of 12-Step programs.
EXCEPTIONS: Clergy, EAPs, and other with strong experience, a 12 Step background, but fewer professional credentials will be considered. If you think you should be considered for admission, we will make decisions based on your individual background.
Helpful details, times, and dates
for planning your clinical intervention training
- Sunday: Orientation at 5 PM, Welcome Dinner at 7 PM.
- Classes are held on Monday through Friday.
- Class time Monday-Thursday is: 8:45 am to 5:30pm.
- Class time Friday is: 8:45am to 12:00 pm.
- Optional session: “How to Build Your Private Practice,” with Jeff Jay, Friday, 1PM to 2:30 PM.
- Each morning, before class, we have breakfast together in the dining room at 8:15am (included).
- See our refund policy here.
- More details HERE
Join our mailing list today!